Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Control the Controllable



Statue in Greece--This is a statue of a man watching in worry of a chariot race in Ancient Greece.

What worries you today,your health, your job, your family, an unfinished task? We all have worries. The funny thing is the things we most fear will never happen. Thank God for that! However we spend most of our energy worrying about things, which never actually happen. Just imagine if we focused our time and energy on believing that good things will happen.

Your mind is a powerful tool, which brings goodness and grace to you if you just believe. If you focus on POSITIVE things it will bring CALMNESS, and POSITIVITY in your life.

An old friend once said to me Control the Controllable...what a mouthful. Take a moment to just think about that statement. Think about what you CAN control. Write a list of those things. The list will be very SMALL! You know why! Because, the only thing we control are our bodies. We CAN NOT control our children, our spouses, our supervisors, the traffic....etc. the list goes on and on. But, you can take control of your thoughts and your reaction to situations! Is it easy ? NOWAY!! Let the UNIVERSE take care of your problems and accept the consequences,. Will this task be easily accomplished? ABSOLUTELY NOT but it can be done. Make a conscious effort to not become upset or easily angered over something you can not control and watch how calm your spirit will become!

Good Luck--give it a try!!! I walk with you. Mariposa : )

5 comments:

HeatherK said...

I know why I was lead to teach where I do. It was because of you. :) I was supposed to meet you. Your words really do touch me and make me think about my life. I see your words and actions at school and you re-awaken my desire to teach and learn. YOU ROCK!

chemist said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, "Traveling Chemist" (http://travelingchemist.blogspot.com/), and for your kind remarks about my photography! You too have some fine pictures on your blog. Keep up the good work!

PS: Hope to see some postings on your "World Travels" blog real soon!!

Mariposa--Experiencing my metamorphosis said...

Thanks Heather! You are quite infectious too! :)

bgirl said...

Glad to see you finally posted your pictures from the trip.

B

HeatherK said...

A science teacher would use the wonderful description: infectious. Love it!